Re: Finding the package that the function comes from
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg93864] Re: Finding the package that the function comes from
- From: tomfabtastic at hotmail.com
- Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 05:32:07 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Nov 26, 11:23 pm, Szabolcs Horv=E1t <szhor... at gmail.com> wrote: > tomfabtas... at hotmail.com wrote: > > Hello, > > > I am using a number of packages. I can often remember what function I > > want to use, but can't remember what package the function comes from. > > > I know that to list all the functions of PackageX I use: > > ?PackageX` > > > But what if I know the function, but don't know which package it comes > > from ? Is there a command thats allow the function as input and then > > outputs the package name ? > > Not really, but there is a function that outputs a symbol's context, > from which it is usually possible to deduce the package (as packages > tend to use their own contexts). > > In:= Context[Abs] > > Out= "System`" Perfect - thanks.