Re: Finite difference method with mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg92669] Re: Finite difference method with mathematica
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 04:33:23 -0400 (EDT)

Pasha Karami wrote:

> Does anybody know some examples or notebooks in Mathematica about finite
> difference method for solving nonlinear PDEs?
> I know about NDsolve which is not what I am looking for.I would like to
> know about using Mathematica for finite difference method and etc.

Google is your friend here: try googling "Mathematica finite difference
method PDE" (w/o the quotes). Among many other results, you could have a
closer look at,

"Module for Hyperbolic P.D.E.'s"

"Comparison of two different implementations of a
finite-difference-method for first-order pde in mathematica..."

"Math 221: Numerical Solution of Partial Differential Equations Part I"

-- Jean-Marc