Executing external notebook

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92734] Executing external notebook
  • From: pdingle at gmail.com
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 06:47:58 -0400 (EDT)

I have a really trivial question, but nevertheless am stuck.

Within a notebook file, how do I execute an external notebook and keep
all the results in memory?

For example I have 5 files,
main1.nb
main2.nb
main3.nb
main4.nb
main5.nb

each of which must call
common.nb

which contains code that is common to all 5 main files.

It seems like this should be easy to do but I cannot find an
appropriate command (Get seems like it is intended for this purpose,
but perhaps I am not using it correctly).