Evaluating a notebook with a talk presentation from another notebook

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91679] Evaluating a notebook with a talk presentation from another notebook
  • From: Alexei Boulbitch <Alexei.Boulbitch at iee.lu>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 06:39:34 -0400 (EDT)

Dear MathGroup Members,

I have a notebook entitled "Talk" containing a visual material that I
want to use for a talk (a slide show). It contains a number of cells.
Some of cells contain only text, hadings and so on, but others in
addition contain names calling  various demonstrations. A code defining
these demonstrations (and their  names) is stored in a single cell of
the second notebook entitled "Code".

At present in order to be able to make a talk I first need to execute
the notebook "Code" and then each cell of the notebook "Talk" that
contains any demonstration name. It is very time-consuming to do it "by
hands", since the number of cells to be executed is really large.

Would it be possible  to evaluate all necessary cells of the the
notebook "Talk" directly from the notebook "Code"?

Thank you in advance,
Alexei

--
Alexei Boulbitch, Dr., Habil.
Senior Scientist

IEE S.A.
ZAE Weiergewan
11, rue Edmond Reuter
L-5326 Contern
Luxembourg

Phone: +352 2454 2566
Fax:   +352 2454 3566

Website: www.iee.lu

This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed or otherwise confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original transmittal from your system. Thank you for your co-operation.