Re: data source for demonstration

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91680] Re: [mg91671] data source for demonstration
  • From: Benjamin Reedlunn <breedlun at umich.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 06:39:45 -0400 (EDT)

Is this data set coming from a previous mathematica session or another
source?  If it is another source, there are only certain formats that
are allowed.

I've often created a huge amount of data (or equations) during an
analysis in Mathematica, then saved it using:

Save["Results", {data1,data2}];

This creates a file named "Results" in your current working directory,
which can be set by:

SetDirectory["/Users/Ben/Documents/"];

You can later read in the data into another notebook, or another
mathematica session using the command:

<<"Results";

Hope this helps!

-Ben Reedlunn