Re: Thinking Mathematica: Any suggestions?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91693] Re: [mg91672] Thinking Mathematica: Any suggestions?
  • From: "Tyler Hayes" <hayes.tyler at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 07:15:05 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks everyone for your comments. In my mind, the difficulties that I
have (and perhaps others) is that I am accustomed to "seeing"
explicitly the indices being manipulated. As such, when programming in
Mathematica and using indexed values is more or less obviated by
things such as Map, Apply, etc., keeping track sometimes becomes lost.

Having said that, I am becoming more comfortable with Mathematica's
approach, albeit slowly, and I suspect that with more practice it will
sort itself out in the end.

Cheers,

t.