Re: A Package Function Tutorial

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92246] Re: [mg92228] A Package Function Tutorial
  • From: "Mauricio Esteban Cuak" <cuak2000 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 03:31:23 -0400 (EDT)

Just a small comment that probably only adresses beginners like me:

While a function with all the bells and whistles can have a lot of good
things, I often
spend too much time trying to figure out how a function works when i
download a package.
If it had less of all that nice stuff, I could understand how it works and
avoid feeding it with the wrong input (instead of not understanding it and
having the function tell me that it's a wrong input)
Of course, I am not suggesting people shouldn't write professional looking
functions; I'm only saying that sometimes there's a trade-off, at least for
beginners like me that are trying to understand how the functions work.

cd