Defining a custom Leibnitz operator in Mathematica
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg92312] Defining a custom Leibnitz operator in Mathematica
- From: GidiL <gidienator at gmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 22:18:36 -0400 (EDT)
I would appreciate any input on the following problem.
I would like to define a custom differential operator with the
1. it would be denoted with a customized symbol that I would create
(e.g. the Greek letter \delta, or any combination, such as \bar
2. it would possess the Leibnitz property of differentiation;
3. it would be possible to define its action a priori on certain
elements (e.g. \delta of a constant would be zero, etc.).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Prev by Date:
Re: Precision in Mathematica 6
Next by Date:
Re: Redirecting input
Previous by thread:
Re: How to debug init.m?
Next by thread:
Re: Defining a custom Leibnitz operator in Mathematica