Re: Display Math Formula

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg92394] Re: Display Math Formula
  • From: Albert Retey <awnl at gmx-topmail.de>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 07:36:36 -0400 (EDT)

John wrote:
> Mathematica 6 Notebook
>
> A pallette version of the formula is available if needed.
>
> The formula must be print when the notebook is formatted, but nothing
> that I have tried works.
>
> The evaluation executes, but there is a empty box, tinted red, where
> the formula should appear.

Unfortunatly it needs some wild guessing when trying to understand what
you try to achieve, so the follwing might be off topic. Probably
ExpressionCell is what you are looking for, e.g.:

ExpressionCell[(x + 1)^a/(1 + y)^2]

> Am I right to expect that Cell[????....?] will do the job, if the ?s
> are replaced with correct code?

Cell is the low level version, which needs some extra effort to create a
correctly formatted cell in the notebook. This would be one way to
create a cell with a formatted formula within it:

CellPrint[Cell[BoxData[ToBoxes[(x + 1)^a/(1 + y)^2]], "Output"]]

hth,

albert