Find out if LinearProgramming has found a solution

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98219] Find out if LinearProgramming has found a solution
  • From: "Karsten W." <Karsten.G.Weinert at googlemail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 04:33:44 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

the subject says it: I would like to find out whether
LinearProgramming has found a solution or not. Currently, I do

result = LinearProgramming[costs, incidenceMatrix, rhs, capacities];
If[NumberQ[First[result]],...]

which works, but I guess there is a more elegant way to do it.

Any hint appreciated,

Karsten.