A Question about strings in lists

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102240] A Question about strings in lists
  • From: Marwa Abd El-Wahaab <m.a.elwahaab at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 06:00:16 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Sir,

I have a question about lists

If I recall a protein sequence for example, the output will be

{ ACDQXXYWT ...............  }

This output contains amino acids but as one element in list & its length is
=1

How can I transform this one element to this form

So, the length will be number of amino acids the protein contains

I need your advice

Thanks in advance

*Marwa Ali Abd El Wahaab
Teaching Assistant*