Re: Dynamically create array and display data graphically

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102517] Re: [mg102497] Dynamically create array and display data graphically
  • From: Ariel Sepúlveda <sepulveda.cuevas at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 04:33:49 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Tuhina,

This is not a technical answer to your question but may be an answer to your
problem manipulating and analyzing labeled data in Mathematica.

A data viewer that may help you with the capabilities you need is available
as a user function of BEST Viewpoints 7.  In this link
(http://www.prontoanalytics.com/products/mxlplus/documentation.htm) you will
find information on the function SpreadsheetViewMXL which allows viewing,
editing, printing, saving, sorting and other useful options for labeled data
(simply rectangular datasets).  This viewer accepts any type of data in its
cells: numbers, strings, graphics, and lists among other.

Additionally, importing data from spreadsheets and databases is automated in
BEST Viewpoints
(http://www.prontoanalytics.com/products/viewpoints/introduction.htm).  With
this program you can create data queries and make date-list-plots by just
selecting the headers of the variables in question.  Besides, grouping data
by categorical fields get a lot of attention in the software as well as my
versions of pivot tables, SPC, and market basket analysis.  I have made
available a free trial version of both MXL Plus and BEST Viewpoints 7 at
(http://www.prontoanalytics.com/products/viewpoints/trial.php)

Hope this helps.

Respectfully,

Ariel Sep=FAlveda