Re: Matrices with square brackets

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102601] Re: [mg102578] Matrices with square brackets
  • From: George Woodrow III <georgevw3 at mac.com>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 06:41:33 -0400 (EDT)

Use TraditionalForm[].

You can use // TraditionalForm as a postfix.

This will also render Sin[x] as sin(x) etc.

You can also set an option to show all output in Traditional form. The
right bracket for these cells are shown with a dashed line (on my
system at least).

I have seen some authors use TraditionalForm exclusively for output. I
prefer to operate mostly of the time with StandardForm[], which is
less ambiguous and which is easier to turn back into InputForm.

george