Re: How to Orient Chart Labels Vertically

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg105623] Re: [mg105611] How to Orient Chart Labels Vertically
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at cox.net>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 07:42:41 -0500 (EST)

The RotateLabel option refers to the FrameLabel; however, generally there is no Frame (default is Frame->False).

BarChart[{{1, 2, 3}, {1, 3, 2}, {5, 2}},
 ChartLabels -> (Rotate[#, Pi/4] & /@
    {"First", "Second", "Third"})]

Bob Hanlon

---- Gregory Lypny <gregory.lypny at videotron.ca> wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'm creating some bar charts with many bars and lengthy labels.  I can't seem to find the style option that would allow me to rotate the charts labels 90 degrees.  I tried

	RotateLabel -> True

but it had no effect.  Perhaps I put it in the wrong spot in my BarCharts[...] statement.  Any tips?

Regards,

	Gregory