Re: CellChangeTimes?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg105831] Re: CellChangeTimes?
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 03:30:14 -0500 (EST)

In article <hgl36q$sf$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
 Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu> wrote:

> If you don't want CellChangeTimes at all, you can try to use the Options
> Inspector setting TrackCellChangeTimes->False.  But I think that will
> apply only to cells newly created after the change.  Or you could make
> that a global setting, applicable to all notebooks.  But beware: who
> knows to what uses that option might be put by Mathematica.  (The docs
> don't seem to say.)

The Help for this function ought to have had just a sentence or two,
prominently near the top, telling how to turn  it off (or, if there's a
valid reason for not turning it off -- which I very much doubt --
warning not to turn it off).

Just one more example of the minor but innumerable examples of the
inadequacy of Wolfram/Mathematica documentation . . . sorry, had to vent
on this.