Re: reverse the order of replacements in a list of rules

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg105969] Re: [mg105954] reverse the order of replacements in a list of rules
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at cox.net>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 04:57:50 -0500 (EST)

revtoyrule = Reverse /@ toyrule

Bob Hanlon

---- sean <sean_incali at yahoo.com> wrote:

=============
Hello group,

This is kinda related with my earlier question about lumping
parameters. now that I have lumped my parameters, I would like to
define a new rule that reverses the lumping. I could od it manually,
but it just seem there should be a better way of doing it..

Suppose you have the following rule for replacing parameters. (in
lumping, I used up all the letters in alphabet and about half of
double struck letters. So the actual rule is very long.)

toyrule = {k1 k2  -> a, k3 k4 k5 -> b, k4 k6 k7 -> c, k8 k9/k10 + k11 -
> d }

and so on and on.

What I want to accomplish is now come up with reverse rule that with
replace the lumped parameter with primitive parameters.

revtoyrule = {a -> k1 k2,  b -> k3 k4 k5 ,  c-> k4 k6 k7, d-> k8 k9/
k10 + k11}

And so on.

Thanks much in advance.

Sean