Re: Replace and ReplaceAll -- simple application

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg106061] Re: Replace and ReplaceAll -- simple application
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at mimuw.edu.pl>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 03:18:41 -0500 (EST)
On 31 Dec 2009, at 02:18, Richard Fateman wrote:

> Andrzej Kozlowski wrote:
>> What I find kind of impressive is that there are people who find it
amusing to keep posting essentially the same posts for about two decades
and this despite the fact that they are being completely ignored by the
developers (and there is no reason to think that anything will ever
change in this respect). Masochism?

> No, I think it is not masochism.
> It is an attempt to provide a useful to answer questions that come up
from time to time from people who would otherwise dismiss a CAS as
useless and stupid bedause they find unexplainable (to them) behavior.

Useful? Funny you should mention that. "Dismiss as useless and stupid"?
Its only you  that keeps doing that. A remarkable example of the purest
hypocrisy.

Do you really think you have ever posted anything that would be useful
to anyone on this forum it its entire history?  Everything you have
posted over the years can be quite fairly summarised as the following
advice to new and naive users :  Mathematica is full of "bugs", and
other evil and perverse things, and  worse, was  created by a guy whose
guts I hate, so give it up and use instead my own favourite CAS, which
years ago I helped to make. Oh, and don't mind that it is practically
defunct and useless nowadays.

>> I try to move with the times so what concerns me is that my Front End
is crashing too often.

> Maybe you should tie your shoelaces?

Well, this comment just shows typical shallowness of thinking and lack
of knowledge and well as manners.
Has it ever occurred to you that here (in Japan) people generally do not
use shoelaces?

Andrzej Kozlowski