Inappropriate kernel limits!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96268] Inappropriate kernel limits!
  • From: Scott Morrison <scott.morrison at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 05:54:39 -0500 (EST)

I'm running a Mathematica program that is crashing badly (more on that
later); I have to kill the processes (on OSX) by hand using Activity
Monitor or the terminal, as the frontend becomes completely
unresponsive.

Afterwards, however, when I try to restart Mathematica (or the old
copy of v6 I have around), I get the message "The 2-user limit on this
license has been reached." I've carefully checked through the running
processes and made sure there are no lurking kernels. Rebooting the
computer solves the problem, but this is extremely unacceptable!

Can someone tell me how to fix this problem? I'm really annoyed.

thanks,
Scott Morrison