Re: Re: Log[x]//TraditionalForm
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg96245] Re: [mg96192] Re: Log[x]//TraditionalForm
- From: Lou Talman <talmanl at mscd.edu>
- Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 05:50:19 -0500 (EST)
- References: <200902031132.GAA00303@smc.vnet.net>
On Feb 9, 2009, at 3:32 AM, peter wrote:
> not being a very advanced person myself, and only being an engineer, I
> have to admit to thinking that ln was the correct name for natural
> log. Thank god I've been put right on this.
The notational distinction between "ln" and "log" makes sense for
engineers who must use both natural logarithms and common
logarithms. But in advanced mathematics there is only one logarithm.
Department of Mathematical & Computer Sciences
Metropolitan State College of Denver
Prev by Date:
Critical memory leak with J/Link (2)
Next by Date:
Inappropriate kernel limits!
Previous by thread:
Next by thread: