Re: Logarithmic Plot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96487] Re: Logarithmic Plot
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 03:12:56 -0500 (EST)

On 2/13/09 at 3:46 AM, sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com (Sjoerd C. de
Vries) wrote:

>What I find very annoying is that those questions often end up with
>ten or more almost identical responses, due to the moderation delay
>of the newsgroup. I just wonder whether it wouldn't be better to
>have an unmoderated group. However, I must admit that sometimes the
>subtle differences between the answers may be very instructive.

An unmoderated group without the moderation delay might reduce
this issue but I doubt it would eliminate it. There are still
delays in unmoderated groups between posting a response and
others seeing that response. And in some cases, the delays are
approximately the same as for a moderated group.

Also, keep in mind, many participants here participate via email
rather than online. For them, there will be a delay between
posting a response and seeing it even if the delay for an online
response shrank to 0.