Re: Symbolic matrix operations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96757] Re: [mg96716] Symbolic matrix operations
  • From: Sotirios Bonanos <sbonano at inp.demokritos.gr>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 05:44:41 -0500 (EST)

Hi there,

My "Exterior Differential Calculus and Symbolic Matrix Algebra" package
(http://www.inp.demokritos.gr/~sbonano/EDC/), allows the user to define
arbitrary symbols (like A, B) that will be treated as matrices. The package
uses the symbol "[Wedge]" for matrix multiplication, and contains definitions
for symbolic application of Transpose, trace and the Cayley-Hamilton theorem (see examples in EDC_Manual.nb and in matrixEDCexamples.nb).

Good luck!
S. Bonanos