follow up on pde nonlinear modeling

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96719] follow up on pde nonlinear modeling
  • From: "Ned Lieb" <okty.gy.ned at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 03:11:44 -0500 (EST)

Sorry to bug the forum again - this is a follow-up to my other question,
about fitting data points to a nonlinear partial differential equation. It
turns out that it works, but it's very slow. Unfortunately, Mathematica
returns all 240000 pieces of data I'm using every time I call them in a
variable. When I open up my notebook to try to find my results, my computer
crashes from displaying so many numbers at once. Does anyone have any
suggestions as to how I could speed things up? I know I'm not saturating my
memory, so this has to be a cpu bottleneck. Is there any way I could get the
Mathematica gui to speed up, like maybe distributing it across multiple
cores or something?

Thanks