Error message when using NonlinearRegress

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96944] Error message when using NonlinearRegress
  • From: Catherine Neish <cdneish at lpl.arizona.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 06:17:59 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,

I have been encountering an error message when using NonlinearRegress that I have not seen before:

"FindFit::fmmp: Machine precision is insufficient to achieve the requested accuracy or precision."

My question is, can I still trust the fit it gives me?  Or, how would I go about finding a fit that doesn't give this error message?

Best,  Catherine