mathematica 7.0 Linux

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg95058] mathematica 7.0 Linux
  • From: Alessandro <autumnleaf at alice.it>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 03:26:08 -0500 (EST)

Whenever I have to use a combinations of keys involving alt gr
mathematica also generates a blank space. Some guy suggested this
workaround in a forum but the problem was with a belgian keyboard layout.

function mathematica
{
xmodmap -e 'keycode 113=Alt_R'
/usr/local/bin/mathematica
}

It does not work for me as it is. Can anybody suggest how to adapt it to
my case or tell me how to set another key instead of alt gr to produce a
"[,]" ?