Re: Mathematica and Access

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg95447] Re: Mathematica and Access
  • From: Albert Retey <awnl at gmx-topmail.de>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 02:55:29 -0500 (EST)

Murray Eisenberg schrieb:
> OK, I see how to access the Example databases, including the one that's
> in Access format.
>
> But how do I access my own Access .mdb database?  When I run the
> OpenSQLConnection[] wizard and specify to use ODBC(DSN), I'm asked to
> enter the DSN.  What's that?  And where do I enter the actual location
> of my Access database?

I think that the wizard is no big help for people not familiar with
database terminology (which I am no expert either), for the ODBC case it
seems easier to follow the instructions from the documentation which you
find on this page:

DatabaseLink/tutorial/DatabaseConnections#16139

and then search for:

ODBC Connections

it is quite straightforward to find that also when just searching for
ODBC in the navigation bar.

hth,

albert