Style Sheets in Version 7

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg95843] Style Sheets in Version 7
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 06:33:44 -0500 (EST)

Suppose I write a notebook in a style sheet that I have and I want to send
that notebook to someone else who does not have the style sheet.  I would
like to embed the style sheet as private definitions in the notebook itself.
But I no longer know any way to do that without typing all the definitions
anew by hand! It is no longer possible to copy and paste definition cells
from the style sheet itself.

This is just another place where WRI has made changes and left users high
and dry without any explanation. I guess they just don't want easy
communication between Mathematica users.

I also do not know what the purpose of the 'Install Style Sheet' box is.
I've been using a style sheet from a package, without difficulty, just by
having it in the FrontEnd/StyleSheets folder in the package. What does
Install do?

David Park

djmpark at comcast.net

 <http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark> http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/