Re: How to set stylesheet of help page?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg95804] Re: How to set stylesheet of help page?
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 06:26:24 -0500 (EST)

I assume that by the "help Page" you mean the Documentation Center
since  the command ?Plot writes the usage meassage in the notebook
that you are in.

The Documentation Center uses the (hidden) stylesheet Reference.nb.
This style sheet has many defined styles that are used by the
Documentation Center to create specific functionalities.

To change the current display of the Documentation Center page you
only need to set its StyleDefinitions.

For Example:

SetOptions[nb, StyleDefinitions -> "Default.nb"]

where nb is the current NotebookObject for the Documentation Center.

however, if you change the page that is displayed in the documentation
Center the StyleSheet will revert to the default one.  This is because
the Documentation center uses notebooks that are located in the
Mathematica distribution and which have their StyleSheets set to the
Reference.nb one.  Hence when each page is loaded it is loaded with
this StyleSheet.

--David