Re: Has anyone tried to use MathLink to receive real-time market data

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg95887] Re: Has anyone tried to use MathLink to receive real-time market data
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 05:54:52 -0500 (EST)

In article <glpfbt$khd$1 at smc.vnet.net>, magma <maderri2 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> > One of the great new things in Mathematica > 6 is the curated data.
> >
> > I would love to see this kind of thing as a permanent feature of
> > Mathematica, and am contemplating submitting it as a feature
> > request....would anyone else use something like this?
> >
> > Would love to hear your thoughts.

Fine, great -- *** provided that this curated data absolutely and always
uses and is provided in widely accepted, widely used, non-proprietry,
long-term stable, "industry standard" formats *** -- both in coming
downward from Wolfram, and in coming back out of Mathematica after
processing.

[Formats as standard as JPEG, TIFF, RTF, PDF, EPS, etc. -- and if
Wolfram wants or needs to use its unquestionable skills to develop new
and better formats for such, *** let them put these out and get them
formally accepted as widely accepted new standards ***.]