Re: how to use vb.net/netlink to export a dxf file

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101849] Re: how to use vb.net/netlink to export a dxf file
  • From: "Hans Michel" <hmichel at cox.net>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 07:15:31 -0400 (EDT)

Jonk:

We need more information. And in the end it may be fuitile without that
infoormation.

What version of Mathematica, what version of .NETLink? Are you sure .NETLink
is properly installed.

see this message from the group "[mg55482] Re: [mg55466] Re: using
Mathematica to plot in visual studio". So from the first line code depending
on the version of NETLink your will get an an error.

Are your using Visual Studio? Can you set break points? What errors are you
getting if any.
And please don't just copy paste the errors (Doing so simply means you did
not read the errors nor care to see if they are simple errors).

Your goals are admirable but this is not about who knows VB. This is about
MathLink and in particular here NETLink. You could have asked how to do this
using C or C++ and those who know how could contribute.

When you export from the mathematica front end, the front end and the kernel
communicate in ways WRI have set out.

I don't have NETLink installed anymore and I am relying on memory. But there
are some Commands that won't run in NETLink as those command require the
front end to start some process. For example SetDirectory maybe one of those
commands. Is SetDirectory telling the Kernel or the FrontEnd where to put
things? Comment out that line and hard code to your root drive "C:\". This
is what I would do,  because the goal is to export to DXF, the secondary
goal is to place it where you want. Keep the path stuff simple at first
doing this avoids typo in a path.

Pleasw note that instead of exporting a DXF file fist just see if you can
export a string to a text file. I can't recall if Export even works in this
environment. That is the greater question. Can you use Export in the
..NETLink or MathLink without the Front End?

When one write a application that use MathLink, J/Link NETLLink to interface
with the Mathematica Kernel. You are in essence replacing the Front End. So
all the things the front end handles and you need you will have to take care
of.

 Hans

news:h3s1up$63u$1 at smc.vnet.net...