slightly malfunctioning Help

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg100385] slightly malfunctioning Help
  • From: Curtis Osterhoudt <cfo at>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 06:45:29 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, all,

   I have 7.0 for Linux x86 (32-bit). In the last two weeks or so, when I type a question mark and then a command name, the usual Help message doesn't pop up, with the short description of the function and a link to follow to the full documentation. All that shows is the context and Attributes of the function; if I type the function name into the full Help dialogue (Help -> Documentation Center), that works fine.
   For example,

   However, for my OWN functions, or those of David Park, the "? interface" works fine:

ListDensityDraw[array, opts] generates the primitive graphics of a density plot from an array of height values.

           I'm quite certain that I've munged something up, perhaps in the Option Inspector somewhere. Does anyone have suggestions?

Curtis Osterhoudt
cfo at
PGP Key ID: 0x4DCA2A10