slightly malfunctioning Help

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg100385] slightly malfunctioning Help
  • From: Curtis Osterhoudt <cfo at lanl.gov>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 06:45:29 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, all,

   I have 7.0 for Linux x86 (32-bit). In the last two weeks or so, when I type a question mark and then a command name, the usual Help message doesn't pop up, with the short description of the function and a link to follow to the full documentation. All that shows is the context and Attributes of the function; if I type the function name into the full Help dialogue (Help -> Documentation Center), that works fine.
   For example,

?BesselJ

System`BesselJ

Attributes[BesselJ]={Listable,NumericFunction,Protected}

and

?FilePrint

System`FilePrint

Attributes[FilePrint]={Protected}

   However, for my OWN functions, or those of David Park, the "? interface" works fine:

?ListDensityDraw

ListDensityDraw[array, opts] generates the primitive graphics of a density plot from an array of height values.

           I'm quite certain that I've munged something up, perhaps in the Option Inspector somewhere. Does anyone have suggestions?

                               Cheers,
                                           C.O.

--
Curtis Osterhoudt