Solving simultaneous integral equation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg100731] Solving simultaneous integral equation
  • From: Mat Davies <mat.davies at rolls-royce.com>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 21:45:18 -0400 (EDT)

Hello

I have a problem of the form

Integrate[f[s],{s,(b-e)/c,(b+e)/c]

I am trying to solve for c and e (b is known).
f[s] cannot be integrated algebraicly, only by by setting values for e and c and using NIntegrate.

I also have a supplimentary equation linking b and c, which cannot be inverted using solve to give a relationship between e and c.

I am trying to use NSolve or FindRoot to solve the system of equations, but I keep getting errors saying that algebraic limits are invalid for NIntegrate.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mat