Re: Generic nested menus implementation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg100722] Re: Generic nested menus implementation
  • From: meitnik <meitnik at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 21:43:39 -0400 (EDT)

@ albert,

Oh yes!, this is what I needed 3 months ago. Some tweaks requested/
questions:
1. how do I set options for the visual aspects (ie, imagesize, color,
fontsize etc.) of the ActionMenu in the code. Its hard to figure that
out somewhat. Or, did you take over any ability to set those options.
2. I would like to set visual options per level (ie, Level1->Blue,
Level2->Red, etc.) like this (similer to how grid works): {1->Blue,2-
>Red}, or via name of each level. Or, allow use of BaseStyle for whole
shabang.
3. The "choose' part be given options of color, fontsize etc. or even
another word, "Pick", even a symbol character.
4. Set up the code so it can live/work after the kernel is off. See J.
Fultz's really cool and informative notebooks on dynamic stuff.

And finally, Thank you for sharing the code. Very helpful to solve a
number of Gui problems for me. :-)

andrew