Re: For loops with mathematica....

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101130] Re: For loops with mathematica....
  • From: magma <maderri2 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 06:44:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Jun 23, 12:05 pm, Julien <jd... at cgr.harvard.edu> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I am totally new to mathematica.
> I want to use a simple loop for but with many arguments in the loop...
> the help says to do
>
> Do[ thingstodo, {i,8}]
>
> i will go from 1 to 8 to do thingstodo.
>
> First question: what if I want i to go from 20 then 200 then 300 then 400=
, (can we give a sequence as argument?)

> Second question: I have a lot of line to do in things to do. should I sep=
arate everything with a ; (doesn t seem to work, or use a procedure or some=
thing?)

> THanks a lot for your help!!!
>
> Julien

Hey dude,
you seem to be totally new to a lot of things.

First question: what if you had a quick look at the core language
(online help) or a basic introduction to Mathematica?

Second question: wasn't the first question helpful enough?

THanks a lot for your help!!!