Re: Style for function calls?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg97178] Re: Style for function calls?
  • From: "D. Grady" <D.C.Grady at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 02:39:19 -0500 (EST)

Often I'll use the prefix notation when I'm doing some kind of multi-
step processing of a chunk of data.  This is particularly elegant for
functions that take one argument:

Most@
 ArrayRules@
  fluxTable@
   data

It also works for functions that take data and parameters, though:

(GatherBy[#, First] &)@
 (StringSplit[#, ":"] &)@
  data

This style of structuring code is great help to me; you could give it
a shot and see how you like it.

-Daniel