Re: Style for function calls?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg97177] Re: Style for function calls?
- From: Simon <simonjtyler at gmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 02:39:08 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
I guess the most complete answer would be found here: http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/Conferences/7002/ Description A new Mathematica programming style that emphasizes prefix and postfix- pure function is presented as an alternative to the traditional matchfix-dominated style. Postfix-pure function amounts to a functional-procedural fusion that makes it easier for non-functional programmers, such as procedural programmers, to learn Mathematica than via matchfix style. Prefix simplifies expressions, while necessitating familiarity with the operator binding strength or precedence present in Mathematica. Accordingly, the 1000-scale precedence table for shorthand operators is given for Version 6.0. Simon