Re: Mathematica 220.127.116.11 and some General Comments
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg97168] Re: Mathematica 18.104.22.168 and some General Comments
- From: Peltio <peltio at twilight.zone>
- Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 02:37:31 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: peltioNOSP at Mgmail.com.invalid
David Park wrote:
> There were hundreds
> of responses with some threads going to great depth. As far as I could find,
> there was not a single mention of Mathematica and only one reference to
> using a CAS. Everything else concerned the merits of C++, Perl, List,
> Fortran etc. To me, this again was incredible.
It seems to me that the alternatives listed are all Open and Free.
Mathematica has very favorable student licences, but what happen when
the student leave school/uni? The price, albeit justifiable, is very
high for a yet-to-be-employed graduate. It may be better to learn basic
tools one can afford later on. IMHO.
Prev by Date:
When a string does not match itself
Next by Date:
Re: Style for function calls?
Previous by thread:
Mathematica 22.214.171.124 and some General Comments
Next by thread:
Re: Re: Mathematica 126.96.36.199 and some General Comments