Re: Mathematica 126.96.36.199 and some General Comments
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg97223] Re: Mathematica 188.8.131.52 and some General Comments
- From: Szabolcs <szhorvat at gmail.com>
- Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 05:53:38 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Mar 7, 9:36 am, Peltio <pel... at twilight.zone> wrote: > David Park wrote: > > There were hundreds > > of responses with some threads going to great depth. As far as I could = find, > > there was not a single mention of Mathematica and only one reference to > > using a CAS. Everything else concerned the merits of C++, Perl, List, > > Fortran etc. To me, this again was incredible. > > It seems to me that the alternatives listed are all Open and Free. > Mathematica has very favorable student licences, but what happen when > the student leave school/uni? The price, albeit justifiable, is very > high for a yet-to-be-employed graduate. It may be better to learn basic > tools one can afford later on. Except that none of the tools above were meant for the same purpose as CASs/Mathematica. > IMHO. Humbleness and asserting one's unsolicited opinion are pretty much contradictory.