Re: Starting Mathematica without GUI
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg97271] Re: Starting Mathematica without GUI
- From: Albert Retey <awnl at gmx-topmail.de>
- Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 05:18:25 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Hi, > i would like to know, if it is possible to start Mathematica without > GUI, only by using command line interface? yes, you can run the Kernel without the FrontEnd. Depending on your system the command is math or MathKernel. Both of these know some options and can be found in the documentation. You can redirect input and output to run scripts in batch mode. For some functionality you will need the FrontEnd, though. > We need to optimise the time of compilation. you do use Mathematica for compiliation???