Re: How to rotate a Histogram (Mathamatica 6)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg97426] Re: How to rotate a Histogram (Mathamatica 6)
  • From: Pillsy <pillsbury at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 04:48:19 -0500 (EST)

On Mar 12, 3:20 am, prageeth saraka wimalaweera
<pswimalawe... at gmail.com> wrote:

> I"m using Mathamatica 6.Could you please tell me a way to rotate a
> Histogram? i tried it using  "Rotate[Histogram[xx[[3]], 45 Degree]"but =
it is
> not working.http://picasaweb.google.com/pswimalaweera/Graph#5311122001432=
668130

You want to use the Inset[] directive, which not only allows you to
treat complex graphics objects like plots and histograms as elements
in other, more complex graphics, but also takes an argument that
allows you to specify the orientation of the inset graphics object so
that its x-axis points along a specified vector. Between that and
RotationTransform[], you really have all you need. Try,

Graphics[Inset[hist, Center, Center, 1,
  RotationTransform[45*Degree][{1, 0}]]]

and go ahead and enter

?Inset

for more information about the other options.

Cheers,
Pillsy