Re: Maintaining a Mathematica bug list
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg97470] Re: Maintaining a Mathematica bug list
- From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 05:34:55 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
ADL wrote: > > What is difficult now is to find a place where caveats (and genuine > bugs) are collected and can be quickly searched before starting > complex or serious activities. This is exactly what I would find useful about this. Presently the only way to learn about bugs is to follow MathGroup closely, but even when I remember that I've seen a bug (that might be relevant to me at the moment) mentioned a couple of months ago, I cannot always find the posts that described it. With tricky cases that are not bugs the situation is better, but the best place to learn about them is still the (quite busy) MathGroup. getsatisfaction.com is a nice site, but since it's completely open and uncontrollable, I'm afraid that it wouldn't be any more useful than MathGroup for this purpose: the useful bug descriptions would still be difficult to find in the flood of messages.