Notebook State Saver: A new tool for saving the state of your open

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg97716] Notebook State Saver: A new tool for saving the state of your open
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 02:13:15 -0500 (EST)

I have started a blog on which I will be posting tools that I create
for Mathematica.  It is at:

http://www.scientificarts.com/mathematicatools/

The first item that I am posting there is a simple Palette,
NotebookStateSaver.nb, that lets you save 5 different states of open
Mathematica notebooks so that you can reopen them all, retaining their
locations, sizes and order.

I think that it's quite useful and I use it to reopen the sets of
notebooks that I need for particular projects that I am working on
(including the associated palettes that I need open for those
projects).

The free tools that I will be posting are supported through the (small
bits of ) advertising revenue that I get when users click on the
Google ads on my site.  So please click on them so that I can take the
time to refine the many things that I have in the wings so that they
are of sufficient quality to share with people.

Enjoy!

And I hope that these things are useful to all of you....

Also, please feel free to pass on suggestions for other useful things
that I might create for the Mathematica community.

--David