Problem loading file

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98022] Problem loading file
  • From: jacob.q.lewis at gmail.com
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 05:42:10 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I'm doing some large computations in Mathematica, and I'm having
problems loading a data file.  I did a computation, and stored the
output to a file ( Factor[parameters[s,t]] >> paramData.txt).  The
file is big: 2.3 gb.  When I try to open it:
<< paramData.txt
or
Get["paramData.txt"]
I get an error
Get::noopen: Cannot open paramData.txt

But with a smaller example:
In[19]:= {1, 2, 3} >> testFILE

In[21]:= << testFILE

Out[21]= {1, 2, 3}

everything works fine.  Any ideas what the problem is?  Is there a
limit to the size of a file that Mathematica will load?