Re: seems I broke the FE of V7

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg100149] Re: [mg100110] seems I broke the FE of V7
  • From: Indivisible <congruentialuminaire at>
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 05:10:54 -0400 (EDT)

Hello John:
Nope. I reboot-ed Mathematica and the OS several times. When I tried to backup all my files since V7 was installed, some .nb files could not be copied. XP xcopy complained that they were "invalid directories" and that I should "run chkdsk". So something bad happened at some point. No evidence Mathematica caused this, but the usual suspects are *not* installed (i.e. VisStudio, Office, VPN S/W etc.).
Also, I found out the V7.0.1 link they sent to me [some weeks ago] was stale so I requested a refresh.
Roger Williams
Franklin Laboratory