Re: Problem with Screen Environment

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg104510] Re: Problem with Screen Environment
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 17:59:28 -0500 (EST)

Helen,

There is a bug that I have encountered (and duly reported) where the
styles of all notebooks in a Mathematica session become "generic"
essentially all cells become text-like: i.e. there is a global loss of
style sheet information.  The problem is fixed by a restart of
Mathematica.  It occurs rather randomly.  It **seems** to be related
to using the Documentation Center when one has a notebook also open
that has a private style sheet.  But it also seems to depend on the
set of interactions with Mathematica that have taken place, and I've
never created a strict deterministic set of actions that can replicate
it.  I did however send in a detailed bug report.  is this the sort of
thing that your user is experiencing?

Best regards,

David