remote kernel trouble

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg104612] remote kernel trouble
  • From: Ian <carroll.ian at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 03:47:18 -0500 (EST)

I have followed the very simple instructions for setting up a remote
kernel in Mathematica 7.0 on Windows Vista, but my connection is not
working. I believe the source of the problem is the location of the
ssh keys. After telling a notebook to start the remote kernel, I get
to a dialog which says:

"C:\Users\Ian\.ssh\known hosts does not exist Are you sure you want to
create it?"

 My username is "carroll" not "Ian", and Mathematica knows this:

 In = $UserName
Out = carroll

"carroll" is also my username on the remote machine. How do I force
Mathematica to create and look for the known_hosts file in "C:\Users
\carroll\.ssh\"?

And yes, even if I let the known_hosts file get created in Users\Ian
\.ssh, the connection still does not work.

Thanks
-Ian