Mysterious Output in formatted Notebook

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg104659] Mysterious Output in formatted Notebook
  • From: John <jwa0 at lehigh.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 05:15:46 -0500 (EST)

Mathematica 6, xp windows

My notebook is mostly paragraphs of text interspersed with sections
and subsections, tables, plots and displayed formulas. Students will
view it in class and later on Mathematica Player. or reason Out
[integer]=Null^i is printed between paragraphs and headings (section
or subsection). The exponent i is  usually the number of preceding
paragraphs.

What is it telling me? What causes it, and how can I get rid of it?