Can't connect to remote kernel on Mac OS 10.6

I am running Mathematica 7.0, on Mac OS 10.5, running on a PPC processor.  I
have no problem linking to kernels on other Macs similar to mine.  I cannot
connect to a remote kernel on a 64bit Intel Mac running Mac OS 10.6 (Snow
Leopard).  I can access the kernel in terminal with ssh
nate@IPAddress/Applications/Mathematica.app/Contents/MacOS/MathKernel.
But I cannot create a link from within Mathematica.  I have tried a lot
of suggestions from various websites.

Nate