Re: Can't connect to remote kernel on Mac OS 10.6

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg105090] Re: Can't connect to remote kernel on Mac OS 10.6
  • From: Mike <burns at rowland.harvard.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 06:41:02 -0500 (EST)

On Nov 19, 5:23 am, Nate Dudenhoeffer <dudenhoef... at wisc.edu> wrote:
> I am running Mathematica 7.0, on Mac OS 10.5, running on a PPC processor.  I
> have no problem linking to kernels on other Macs similar to mine.  I cannot
> connect to a remote kernel on a 64bit Intel Mac running Mac OS 10.6 (Snow
> Leopard).  I can access the kernel in terminal with ssh
> nate@IPAddress/Applications/Mathematica.app/Contents/MacOS/MathKernel.
> But I cannot create a link from within Mathematica.  I have tried a lot
> of suggestions from various websites.
>
> Nate

I reported this problem over a month ago to Wolfram (on a Premier
subscription account) and have not heard anything about what the
problem is or what the fix is. As far as I have been able to track it
down, it is a change in how Java and/or ssh behave under Snow Leopard.
I've found no solution either.

Mike Burns