Freeze Panes in Grid Expression

Folks: I often generate a 2D matrix that I would love to be able to view in Mathematica as one does in say Excel, by freezing the window at a certain column and scrolling thru the rest of the columns to the right of the frozen column.  I can take the expression and dump it into Excel but it is somewhat time consuming.  Does anyone know how to directly achieve this in Mathematica, by say using two panels?