Re: Re: Can't connect to remote kernel on Mac OS 10.6

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg105107] Re: [mg105090] Re: Can't connect to remote kernel on Mac OS 10.6
  • From: Nate Dudenhoeffer <ndudenhoeffer at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 03:33:47 -0500 (EST)

Thanks for the response Mike.  I know that the handling of SSH is much more
restrictive in Snow Leopard.  I have used a port monitor (linksnitch) to
monitor ports on one of my remote PPC machines, and it appears that I am
only using port 22 (standard SSH).  Also I can launch to kernel remotely in
terminal, but can't create a link in mathematica.  Which leads me to believe
that the problem is with Java.  If you do get a solution with Wolfram,
please keep me informed.

Nate